Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTSC NES .. Blinking Light fixed...but why ?

Options
  • 12-03-2013 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

So my NTSC NES was giving problems with some US games. SMB3 for one would not boot up correctly. Red light flashing and screen in and out but with the initial screen of SMB3 showing then going then showing etc...

So I cleaned the cart to within an inch of its life. All other NTSC carts running fine. But still no luck with SMB3.

Quick google and I decided to disconnect the lockout chip. Did that and then ... whadaya know. It's working. So why did the lockout chip allow SMB3 US version to work on my US NES ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The lockout chip requires a much better connection than the other cart pins. I'd hazard a guess that your 72pin connector is showing the very early signs of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Cheers. I bought two replacement 72 pins on ebay. Hopefully that'll give here a fresh pair of knickers.

Advertisement