Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EHX Holy Stain Expression Pedal

Options
  • 11-03-2013 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello everyone, I recently bought a holy stain from electro harmonix. It's quite cool and you're able to use an expression pedal to change the pitch shifter and other effects.

The manual says you can use an electro harmonix expression pedal, but these are nearly a hundred squids so I was wondering does anyone know will any expression pedal work?

I'm sure it will as I can't see how EHX's one would be different from any other, but you never know!

Sorry if this is in the wrong category, didn't really know where to put it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BAKER95

Hello everyone, I recently bought a holy stain from electro harmonix. It's quite cool and you're able to use an expression pedal to change the pitch shifter and other effects.

The manual says you can use an electro harmonix expression pedal, but these are nearly a hundred squids so I was wondering does anyone know will any expression pedal work?

I'm sure it will as I can't see how EHX's one would be different from any other, but you never know!

Sorry if this is in the wrong category, didn't really know where to put it.

I'm not sure to be honest but i cant think of any reason why it wouldnt work with any expression pedal but dont take my word for it ,
    how is that pedal? i was thinking of getting one but not sure , does the pitch shift work well and whats the other effects on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭zafo

If you can find out what value pot (ie resistance) is in the EHX and then find a cheaper one using the same value. In my experience any expression pedal will work but some may work better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 boundless08

thanks zafo I'll look into that.
    how is that pedal? i was thinking of getting one but not sure , does the pitch shift work well and whats the other effects on it?

The pedal is pretty cool. The pitch shifter sounds cool. It goes down a 4th and up a 3rd I think, not sure don't have it with me at the moment. But it's annoying to change without a pedal. The reverb is really nice, and I never used to bother with it, haven't used the tremolo much. The fuzz is so-so, not much tone control but it's grand for practicing or messing with sounds without a separate pedal. All in all well worth the money for 3 effects and a fuzz in one pedal!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 boundless08

I emailed EHX support and got this reply:
    Hello. You need to get one that has a TRS tip.

Some acceptable Expression
    Pedals include: Boss FV-500L, Alesis F2, Ro
    land EV7, Moog Music EP2, Roland EV5

Regards,

Boom! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BAKER95

thanks zafo I'll look into that.

The pedal is pretty cool. The pitch shifter sounds cool. It goes down a 4th and up a 3rd I think, not sure don't have it with me at the moment. But it's annoying to change without a pedal. The reverb is really nice, and I never used to bother with it, haven't used the tremolo much. The fuzz is so-so, not much tone control but it's grand for practicing or messing with sounds without a separate pedal. All in all well worth the money for 3 effects and a fuzz in one pedal!

thanks its on the list :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement