Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary work = stamps used up??

Options
  • 11-03-2013 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Sorry for the misleading title, but I didn't know what to call this post. I'm a substitute teacher, and have a full year of "stamps" which are due to run out in June.

I get irregular work and so am on dockets, but I am wondering if the days that I AM working are using up my stamps, and therefore will run out at the end of June, when I need them most.

Just repeating it is irregualr work, so I might be working three days one week and 5 the next, or even only one day.

Please someone help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

When you are in there the next time ask them how many days of your stamps are left for this year and you can calculate then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

This might help you, complicated though.
    Re-qualifying for Jobseeker's Benefit

You can re-qualify for JB if:
    • You have used up your full JB entitlement (either 9 or 6 months) and
    • You have paid 13 PRSI contributions for at least 13 weeks (these contributions can be counted only after you have claimed at least 156 days (6 months) of JB)
    However if you are working and claiming JB (systematic short-time workers and part-time workers) you cannot simply continue your JB claim when it is exhausted since you must have suffered a substantial loss of employment to re-qualify for JB, (unless you are a casual worker).

If you have lost your job you will have suffered a substantial loss of employment. If you are a part-time or systematic short-time worker DSP will look at your pattern of employment over the last 13 weeks or another representative period to find out whether you have suffered a substantial loss of employment.

For example, if you are getting JB and working 3 days each week as a systematic short-time worker or a part-time worker and your employment pattern has not changed during the course of your JB claim, you will not have suffered a substantial loss of employment and will not re-qualify for Jobseeker’s Benefit when you exhaust your claim.

However, if your JB claim ends and your 3 day week working week is then reduced to a 2 day week, you will have suffered a substantial loss of employment and may re-qualify for Jobseeker’s Benefit.

Advertisement