Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

signing on with phone number

Options
  • 11-03-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

Ive been just informed by a girl i know that she was asked for her mobile number when signing on and they told her shes to use it now everytime she signs. Does anyone know what this is all about or has my friend picked it up wrong.

The reason why i ask this is that i dont have a mobile or even want one near me. Im prob the only person i know who doesnt havr one, people think im mad but i get along nicely without one so dont see a reason to get one now just to sign on.

Im wondering will i have problems if this is will become the norm and i refuse to get one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Nooooo. That's not true! How did she arrive at that?? :confused:

What is true is that you're informed of your signing date via text. That is why she was asked for her number. Reminders are usually sent the day before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

You still need to bring your Social Services card when signing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭newbie2013

Nooooo. That's not true! How did she arrive at that?? :confused:

What is true is that you're informed of your signing date via text. That is why she was asked for her number. Reminders are usually sent the day before.

That explains it because she was late for singing.

Advertisement