Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bali Honeymoon

Options
  • 11-03-2013 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

We have decided to head to Bali on our honeymoon this September 2013 but we havent got a clue about hotels or areas to stay. We are in early 30's so would be looking for somewhere with a mix of good nightlife with great hotel preferably on or beside a beach.

Thanks and i appreciate any time you spend given advice :D

Spades

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Hi Guys,

We have decided to head to Bali on our honeymoon this September 2013 but we havent got a clue about hotels or areas to stay. We are in early 30's so would be looking for somewhere with a mix of good nightlife with great hotel preferably on or beside a beach.

Spades

Seminyak is probably the best area in the kuta area for you, it's up market with loads of good restaurants bars and nightclubs and the beach is a bit better in this area, make sure when booking hotel it has a good pool most will do anyway.
    It's cheap enough to get taxi's anywhere if you want a night out in kuta, there's tour booths everywhere so easy enough to book day tours, every second person on the street is a driver and will offertobe your guide for the day so bargain hard.
    Don't take much of shampoos that kind of thing, there dirt cheap over there head to Carrefour for your supplies.
    Kuta is just one long traffic jam and really built up and not what you'd expect!!
    Make sure to head into or around the island plenty to see and do.food and beer prices are cheap if you stay away from the up market restaurants. The place is full to the brim with Aussies.
    Try and get out to the gili islands for two/three nights, very easy to arrange yourself, get a speed boat from Bali takes about an hour but try and book accommadtion before you go. Oh and make sure you have the $25 each for your entry visa....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

If you like a day or two in a quiet resort, Sanur is a great place to relax, not as hectic as Kuta, otherwise Tipp Animal Lover's advice is solid :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

We stayed in ubud as well as a resort, and it was definitely worth the trip

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kittywake

Hi, myself and Boyf in early 30s were in Bali this time last year as part of our travels! We stayed in Sanur for a few nights mainly because we heard that Kuta was a bit crazy, and Seminyak was a little out of our price range at the time. Sanur was nice. Then we spent 3 nights over on Nusa Lembongan which I highly recommend. Very laid back vibe there and easy to get to by boat from Sanur- we used Scoot. We then went from Nusa Lembongan directly to the Gilis islands ( technically not Bali!) using Scoot boats again. We stayed on Gili Air which was nice. Great if you are a diver or snorkeler. Then back to Bali using Scoot again to Pading Bai where we were transferred by the boat company to wherever we wanted- in our case Ubud for our last few days. We loved Ubud and in hindsight wish we had stayed there longer to see the countryside.
    So if I were to pick my Bali highlights they would be Nusa Lembongan and Ubud.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

just to follow up on my earlier post - we stayed here http://www.alamindahbali.com/accomodations.htm and it was great
    very different vibe and atmosphere from the beach resort.

One of the high-lights of our trip (along with the langham in HK :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

You should try stay in Ubud for a few nights - Look up a place called Furama Villas. Private villas with pools - gorgeous place!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Hi Guys,

Spades

Hi spades,

I was wondering how you got on on your honeymoon in Bali - We are considering going end of Aug start of Sep on yours and any feedback from your might help.

Thanks

Advertisement