Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting job after BTEA, but have to work a month in hand...

Options
  • 11-03-2013 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I've been getting Back to Education Allowance for last 4 years almost, I also get rent allowance, will finish college this year and last week got a call to say there is a job for me to start as soon as college is finished, signing the contract this week! The company pays at the end of the month though, so I will tell Social Welfare the date I"m due to start work but will I have no money for the first month or can Social Welfare provide anything during this time? At the moment I'm used to getting paid weekly and I'm a little worried I won't have any money for the first month, so I"m trying to find out what my options are.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Save a little each week starting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Nothing from SW after you start work. Everyone gets paid in arrears, whether that be monthly, weekly or fortnightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

If you go to the CWO after your claim is closed and show them proof of your first payment date they will be able to help you until the salary comes through.

Advertisement