Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS vest

Options
  • 11-03-2013 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I'm looking for one of those vests that are used to hold a GPS device? Anyone help me out? I currently have my own GPS watch for my own personal use for running etc. but can really wear it team training as it would get broken, so for team training I would like to take off the straps and put it into vest like pro Rugby players use for pre season training etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Why not just stitch a padded pocket into a jersey or undertop? Thats pretty much what puma did with the Ireland jersey. I know the referees jerseys were just modified with a stitched pocket. This way you can also make the pocket tighter for your watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Some of the Ireland training tees have the pocket on the back of the neck for them dont they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Some of the Ireland training tees have the pocket on the back of the neck for them dont they?

Yeah all of the Puma stuff does anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭seanm92

Maybe a bit late for you but this is the crowd that sell them: http://www.vxsport.com/content/products/accessories I think you should take the above advice, cant believe the price for what is essentially a glorified sports bra!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I think the units the elites use do more than just record speed, acceleration and distance covered - their units have accelerometers built in as well so they measure impacts (inflicted and sustained), body position etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭seanm92

yeah you're spot on, they can measure muscle imbalance as well. I found out about the vests through a talk in college on tuesday, and I remembered this thread, they're a quality piece of kit if you can afford them :(

Advertisement