Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Suede album being streamed on Guardian website

Options
  • 11-03-2013 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

There's a few Suede fans in here who may be interested in hearing the new album. It's released this day next week but The Guardian's website are streaming it today. Haven't listened to it all yet but have heard three or four songs and I've been impressed thus far.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/mar/11/album-stream-suede-bloodsports

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

Pighead wrote: »
    There's a few Suede fans in here who may be interested in hearing the new album. It's released this day next week but The Guardian's website are streaming it today. Haven't listened to it all yet but have heard three or four songs and I've been impressed thus far.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/mar/11/album-stream-suede-bloodsports

Suede - bless 'em. I haven't been excited by anyhting they've done since Metal Mickey.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

mosstin wrote: »
    Suede - bless 'em. I haven't been excited by anyhting they've done since Metal Mickey.
    You haven't been excited by anything they have done since their second ever single? Odd. You've missed out mossy.

On the new album, i'm liking it a lot. I winced slightly when I heard it confirmed that they were recording a new album as I thought it could go horribly wrong.

Sabotage is a cracking tune and the pick of the bunch for me so far. Liking every song bar snowblind and faultlines which are just ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

Pighead wrote: »
    You haven't been excited by anything they have done since their second ever single? Odd. You've missed out mossy.

On the new album, i'm liking it a lot. I winced slightly when I heard it confirmed that they were recording a new album as I thought it could go horribly wrong.

Sabotage is a cracking tune and the pick of the bunch for me so far. Liking every song bar snowblind and faultlines which are just ok.

Slight exaggeration on my part. I loved the singles from their debut, parts of the second album and then apart from a decent single or two after that, they sounded a bit meh. That said, the buzz around their first 2 or 3 singles was great. Too much too soon maybe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

as roy walker used to say "it's good but it's not right"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

its no dog man star but still a solid effort...way better than that tears album or that horrific mess 'a new morning'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Finished first listen......early to say but its easily the best since "Dog Man Star" for me,but since i consider "Coming Up" a bit lightweight and the following two to be rubbish that isnt saying much really!

Its a very cohesive record,runs like a proper album,winds down at the end,its a bit more polished than id like though....but Jesus these guys really are in a tough spot and have been since Butler left,how do you make a classic Suede album without the guy who wrote the music and played the guitar so distinctively on the first two albums that people measure everything else against?? its got elements of the great Suede sound but it really misses the edge and sleaze Butler brings to the table

A fine album though all the same,im enjoying it far more than i expected to like any Suede album this late in the game,a worthy addition and vastly superior to the last couple of albums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

There is some tasty guitar stuff on this album though...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Album getting great reviews so far. I've been listening to it lots this week and I love it. Snowblind has really grown on me. First seven songs are all great tunes.

They've copied the Dog Man Star template by ending with four moody ballads but obviously these four are not as good.Sometimes I feel I Float Away is by far the best of the four and is one of the best things they've ever done.

Always is good as well but is a bit of a poor mans Asphalt World while the other two ballads are decent if a tad forgettable. First half of the album is basically Oakes/ Anderson running the show with Codling/Anderson taking over for the second half. Very impressed with Oakes guitars. Not easy filling Bernards shoes but he's done well here. I'd give the album an 8/10. Hopefully we'll see them in Dublin this summer. Think they play Belfast in august.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Have to say, I'm surprised at how good it is. After so long I expected an album full of drivel but it's actually excellent.

Snowblind is a fantastic track and the standout for me, followed by It Starts and Ends With You and Barriers. The first half of the album is brilliant.

Welcome back Brett Anderson and co.!

Advertisement