Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel delivery options

Options
  • 11-03-2013 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭

Not quite arcade but I'm sure you guys are familiar with getting arcade parts etc picked up for delivery.

My out of warranty Onkyo amp has decided to not output any audio. I need to get it up to richer sounds in Belfast for servicing.

Its a beast though. 40cm x 18 cm x 38cm and a whopping 13kg!

What options available to me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Where are you based? Depending, it's nearly be worth your while driving up & making a day of it. I'd say it'd cost a fair whack to send it due to the weight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

I'm in Wicklow(arklow). I found a site called parcel to go. Stuck the package details in. 14 euro door to door!

That's sounds alright to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm in Wicklow(arklow). I found a site called parcel to go. Stuck the package details in. 14 euro door to door!

That's sounds alright to me!

€14 sounds pretty good, doubt you'd get it there any cheaper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Can you source a replacement in the UK? If so then parcel motel is your Friend. :)

/edit sorry totally misread! Do you need to bring it to Belfast? How about the hifi hospital in dublin?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Can you source a replacement in the UK? If so then parcel motel is your Friend. :)

/edit sorry totally misread! Do you need to bring it to Belfast? How about the hifi hospital in dublin?

A replacement part or amp? This amp is no longer made but they weren't cheap at the time!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭RUSTEDCORE

In terms of packaging go upstairs in easons oconnell street and to the far wall above the main entrance and you will get a pop-up box the size you need for about 3 euro... some brown postal tape in the isle beside it and I think they have bubble wrap too.

I recently had to send something with UPS and they are great but probably more expensive than you quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

A replacement part or amp? This amp is no longer made but they weren't cheap at the time!

So you're looking to have it serviced? (cap replacement etc?)

You could drop it into the Hifi Hospital, I've heard great things about them.

http://thehifihospital.com/

o1s1n wrote: »

So you're looking to have it serviced? (cap replacement etc?)

You could drop it into the Hifi Hospital, I've heard great things about them.

http://thehifihospital.com/

Think this is a potentially serious fault. The only authorised Onkyo repair shop is in the UK, richer sounds in Belfast where I bought the amp manage the forwarding etc. I just need to get it to them

Ill drop that place a mail though, might be an option!

Advertisement