Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Hop Train and Luas tickets

Options
  • 11-03-2013 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm moving to beside the Hazelhatch station soon and considering using the train to the city centre. I would then need to take a green line luas to Dundrum for work.

Is there a weekly ticket option that combines the two? I currently pay €32.50 a week for Dublin Bus/luas combi ticket, but if it's possible to get the train it'd be easier.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,324 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I believe there are some such tickets. Talking to Irish Rail or www.taxsaver.ie might get the best results.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Train, 145 bus, Luas ???

Train into heuston and then the 145 bus as far as Grafton street area and then the Luas from Stephens green. Its a 3 combined that you would want then. Its in around €42 off the top of my head.

Or Train to Heuston , Luas to Connolly and the 14 bus to Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

What I really am looking for is something like the train to hueston, luas to abbey street and then walk to the green line. But I'm not sure of a combi ticket for this.

My alternative is the 67 and then the luas which is fine, but slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The tickets are listed on www.taxsaver.ie as advised above.

its 42.40 for a train and luas ticket for 7 days.

• Advertisement

That's exactly what I'm looking for, thanks mate! Do you know where they can be got? at the station I presume?

any station thats manned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

How long will that take? That's one of those journeys that public transport just can't do (shortage of radial routes), but could be done probably in 20-30 minutes by car.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,324 ✭✭✭✭Victor

n97 mini wrote: »
    How long will that take? That's one of those journeys that public transport just can't do (shortage of radial routes), but could be done probably in 20-30 minutes by car.
    Google says 28 minutes + traffic. www.a-b.ie says 33 minutes + traffic. Unlikely that they can do it at rush hour.

n97 mini wrote: »

it's something that I have to cope with until I get a car on the road. 90 minutes is fine with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Victor wrote: »
    Google says 28 minutes + traffic. www.a-b.ie says 33 minutes + traffic. Unlikely that they can do it at rush hour.
    I do a similar route in about 30 mins. Once on the N4/M50 there are no real delays.

from the hatch to dundrum could be a long one in the mornings by car. When its busy it could take over half an hour to the m50 via the n4 or the n7 and then it could be busy getting off the m50 at dundrum. At peak times it could take around an hour plus.

Advertisement