Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NES PowerPak. Worth it ?

Options
  • 10-03-2013 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

So. I was thinking of getting a PowerPak. Very expensive. Are they worth it ?

Was looking to pay 50$ for Tecmo Super Bowl with updated rosters and thought I could just get a PowerPak instead.

Thoughts ? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

If you're going to use it then yes it's worth it, I think they're cool, same as the Everdrive. It's obviously not a replacement for collecting games, but it's very handy not having to swap NES carts out and gives you access to loads of games, fan hacks and whatever else is out there including a demo of Battle Kid 2. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

How much are they ? Krikzz has a NES everdrive coming out soon should be around the €100 mark I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Andrew76 wrote: »
    If you're going to use it then yes it's worth it, I think they're cool, same as the Everdrive. It's obviously not a replacement for collecting games, but it's very handy not having to swap NES carts out and gives you access to loads of games, fan hacks and whatever else is out there including a demo of Battle Kid 2. :)

135$ from retro usb I think (+ postage). I guess it's all to do with how much I'll get out of it. I wouldn't be looking to have it replace collecting games but would be nice to have a feel for games (not just emulation) before I buy and of course game hacks.

hmmm. Might ... just.. go for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

brianon wrote: »
    135$ from retro usb I think (+ postage). I guess it's all to do with how much I'll get out of it. I wouldn't be looking to have it replace collecting games but would be nice to have a feel for games (not just emulation) before I buy and of course game hacks.

hmmm. Might ... just.. go for it :)

85 Euro (with shipping included) is all it cost me for my Famicom Everdrive from Krikzz. I doubt the price of the forthcoming NES version will be any different. Well worth it.

Advertisement