Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA means test appeal

Options
  • 10-03-2013 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm just wondering do I have grounds to appeal the means test results.
    This would be my payment details, I'm working full time and my Girlfriend had just moved in with me and is on JSA.

Figures versus what i think the actual figure should be.

MEANS TEST RESULTS ---- {ACTUAL}
    spouse income gross 482.47 ---- {482.47}
    less prsi 19.30 ---- {19.30}
    less superannuations, avc's, prse & pension levy 0.00 ---- {?see below?}
    less union fees 0.00 ---- {3.80}
    spouse income Net 463.17 ---- {404.98}

after disregard of €60 leaving 403.17
    weekly means 241.90 (60% of 403.17)

This means she gets 70euro a week.

What it seems to me is that they have the Net income wrong by 58.19 (463.17 minus 404.98)
    Does Net income not mean after all deductions or do they have their own way of getting their version of Net income?

Plus they haven't deducted my union fee, my pension contributions, paye or usc... or would these be deductible?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Hi all,

I'm just wondering do I have grounds to appeal the means test results.
    This would be my payment details, I'm working full time and my Girlfriend had just moved in with me and is on JSA.

Figures versus what i think the actual figure should be.

MEANS TEST RESULTS ---- {ACTUAL}
    spouse income gross 482.47 ---- {482.47}
    less prsi 19.30 ---- {19.30}
    less superannuations, avc's, prse & pension levy 0.00 ---- {?see below?}
    less union fees 0.00 ---- {3.80}
    spouse income Net 463.17 ---- {404.98}

after disregard of €60 leaving 403.17
    weekly means 241.90 (60% of 403.17)

This means she gets 70euro a week.

What it seems to me is that they have the Net income wrong by 58.19 (463.17 minus 404.98)
    Does Net income not mean after all deductions or do they have their own way of getting their version of Net income?

Plus they haven't deducted my union fee, my pension contributions, paye or usc... or would these be deductible?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Its gross income less prsi, union dues and avcs.... your partner can appeal but it has to be within 21 days. It appears that the have left out union dues... avcs are different to normal pension deductions afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

They have stated my net income as more than it actually is.
    I'm wondering is it supposed to be like that or is that something I should query.

Thanks for your reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

I'm wondering is it supposed to be like that or is that something I should query.

Thanks for your reply :)

You cant query it. Its up to the claimant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Net as in what's the gross income minus the above deductions; not net as in what's your net take home is after tax.

Advertisement