Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up cabbage text for tesco mobile?

Options
  • 10-03-2013 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I've been using cabbage text with o2 and meteor before, no problem but can't get it up and going for tesco mobile. I enter the password (for tescomobile.ie) and it keeps saying "invalid response. expecting numerical value". The spec for the app says it works with tesco mobile.i have the free one cabbage lite.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

73trix wrote: »
    I've been using cabbage text with o2 and meteor before, no problem but can't get it up and going for tesco mobile. I enter the password (for tescomobile.ie) and it keeps saying "invalid response. expecting numerical value". The spec for the app says it works with tesco mobile.i have the free one cabbage lite.

Thanks.
    Do you have it setup like so:
    fChkOWW.png

I put my email in the account name and it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Yes! But it doesn't work!

I keep getting" Error -invalid response. Expected a numerical value"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭T-Bird

put in your username not your email for Tesco

T-Bird wrote: »
    put in your username not your email for Tesco

TESCO user-name = email address.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I'm on bill phone and tesco give only a poxy amount of web texts

• Advertisement

TESCO user-name = email address.

ok for me on my cabbage app it says Tesco users must put in username not email.

I'm on Tesco pre pay and just tried to edit my account with email address and it wouldn't let me.
    also my username and email addresses are different.

what do you enter for your username when you go into your account on the Tesco mobile site? try it.

T-Bird wrote: »
    ok for me on my cabbage app it says Tesco users must put in username not email.

I'm on Tesco pre pay and just tried to edit my account with email address and it wouldn't let me.
    also my username and email addresses are different.

what do you enter for your username when you go into your account on the Tesco mobile site? try it.

I have been using my email address as my user name. I've been logging on to my account and that's definitely the username. I think it was even suggested to use email for username. Either way, cabbage obviously doesn't like email address. I could try to change my tesco username but that might be difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

horgan_p wrote: »

Then change provider.. :D

horgan_p wrote: »

250 is hardly that poxy! might aswell have that than not!

I have been using my email address as my user name. I've been logging on to my account and that's definitely the username. I think it was even suggested to use email for username. Either way, cabbage obviously doesn't like email address. I could try to change my tesco username but that might be difficult!
    understood, I'd guess that script in cabbage is set not to accept usernames with email addresses for Tesco mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PTO

I am trying to set up cabbage on my galaxy 3 and it wont let me register. Keeps saying:
    "Invalid username and password. Can you log in to www.meteor.ie with the phone number and password stored"

Yes I can!! But it still wont let me! Had it on my old phone and there was no problems! Anyone have any fixes?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Anyone ever figure this out?
    I am getting the same error " Error -invalid response. Expected a numerical value".

When I first set it up it verified my account ok but when I tried to send a text I got the above error. I deleted the account and tried to set it up again but still get the error.

Username is my tescomobile website username which is my email address.
    Password is my tescomobile website password.
    Service provider is selected as tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Bumping this thread.

I again am having trouble setting up cabbage, I'm trying both my username and email address in where it says account name and it gives me the error message "invalid response, expected a numerical value"

I've have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and ive even changed my password on the Tesco Mobile website and have tried 5 times ensuring all the information is correct but still getting the same error message.

It worked before for a while then I done a factory reset on my phone and downloaded the app again and I can't seem to get it working.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 zumlin

Try leaving the proxy server blank in the data network settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭heinervb

fChkOWW.png

what phone was that screenshot taken from? wifi and battery icons look awesome!

This app only works for me on Tesco Mobile when I'm connected to wifi, it simply will not work otherwise which is not good, what can be done to get it to work normally without having to be connected to wifi?

zumlin wrote: »
    Try leaving the proxy server blank in the data network settings.

Actually I just seen this now and it works, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EthicRanger

It accepted email ( maybe try no capital letters) in phone cabbage app but it not accepts in PC cabbage. anybody knows issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EthicRanger

It accepted email ( maybe try no capital letters) in phone cabbage app but it not accepts in PC cabbage. anybody knows issue?
    WOw it actually accepted number now on PC cabbage ( When press TEST account it said 50 SMS left... but realistically still all 200 or 250...not sure yet) Cool.

So try email number combination guys maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 foodguru

does anyone have updated cabbage texter php source codes?

Advertisement