Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polish Citizen Naturalisation

Options
  • 10-03-2013 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

What's up guys,

I am just wondering about the process of Naturalisation in Ireland. As you can probably tell from the title, I'm a Polish citizen and have lived in Ireland for over 11 years. I am just wondering about the whole process, how does it look, how long do you have to wait and what happens after (ie. pledges or legal process!). Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mlody90

Thanks Tom,

I had a look at that already, but was wondering if there is someone here on Boards who went through the process already, how long did they have to wait and how did they find the whole experience! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BRAIN FEEDs

mlody90 wrote: »
    Thanks Tom,

I had a look at that already, but was wondering if there is someone here on Boards who went through the process already, how long did they have to wait and how did they find the whole experience! :)
    Know of someone who started the process last year,march i think,last week he sent back his gnib card along with 950 euro,the letter he received said the next contact from the immigration will be informing him about a cermony.

but i do know of others who have been waiting a lot longer,a lot longer!

hope this helps some bit

Know of someone who started the process last year,march i think,last week he sent back his gnib card along with 950 euro,the letter he received said the next contact from the immigration will be informing him about a cermony.

but i do know of others who have been waiting a lot longer,a lot longer!

hope this helps some bit

Thanks mate. Ah right, yeah been hearing stories that it can take up to a year and even longer. Sure, will hand in the application and see how I get on! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

mlody90 wrote: »
    What's up guys,

I am just wondering about the process of Naturalisation in Ireland. As you can probably tell from the title, I'm a Polish citizen and have lived in Ireland for over 11 years. I am just wondering about the whole process, how does it look, how long do you have to wait and what happens after (ie. pledges or legal process!). Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Will you not loose your polish nationality ?

• Advertisement

Not as far as I'm aware dude. I know for a fact that Ireland is quite happy with the dual citizenship shennanigan and to the best of my knowledge, Poland doesn't mind it either so should be alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mari1002

Hej,

I waited two years but applied 2010. Now waiting times shorter. Allyou do is apply, provide all docs, attent the ceremony and finally apply for your passport.
    Powodzenia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

The waiting time for naturalisation is currently 6 months.

Advertisement