Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been to Amsterdam?

Options
  • 10-03-2013 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

Hello all, I know I could post this in the travel forum but I thought the folks here would be more au fait with my question. Myself and hubby are off to Amsterdam for a short break in April and I'm looking for a nice central hotel that won't be full of hen/stag weekenders.
    Can anyone recommend somewhere 4*ish for a pair of "young" seniors :)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Hi Wyldwood, whilst I haven't been to Amsterdam myself, hubby and I are going to Amsterdam in August for an anniversary treat.

We've booked into the Hotel Estherea which looks pretty fab according to Tripadvisor and the comments on Booking.com. It's not cheap, but it is fairly central and looks like the kind of hotel that wouldn't appeal to hens/stags - if you know what I mean! BTW, I would guess that we're in the same age range as yourselves :)

Anyway, here's the link to booking.com and I hope you have a great time when you get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Are you looking for a modern hotel?
    Park hotel is where I've stayed twice, once with husband, once with mum. It's not right in the city center, but is on the canal right by the canal tour boats... these are lovely trips to take in the morning. It's away from the rowdy crowds as well.

It's a modern boutique hotel though, which isn't everyones taste. Kind of like the G in galway.
    Japanese restaurant downstairs. Expensive enough, so the backpackers avoid it.

Amsterdam is so easy to get around. It's very compact, you'll have no problem walking anywhere. Just mind the bicycles! Have fun, I love amsterdam!

Booking page:
    http://www.booking.com/hotel/nl/parkhoteladam.en.html

Hotel page:
    http://www.parkhotel.nl/

Oh, one more thing.. use the Connexxion Schiphol hotel shuttle. Very handy. Picks up at the airport, drops at the hotel doors.
    www.schipholhotelshuttle.nl

Advertisement