Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrospective JSA

Options
  • 10-03-2013 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I was unemployed for 2 months, and was about to register a claim for JSA when i got a job at short notice.

Is it possible to lodge a retrospective claim?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

As you did not sign on when you were out of work it is unlikely that a claim would be entertained,but stranger things have happened.It would be no harm to ask in your local office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You are expected to make a claim on your first day of unemployment. You said you were unemployed for 2 months and were just about to make a claim. As mp22 said stranger things have happened but I would think its also highly unlikely that a claim made at this stage will be awarded.

Advertisement