Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin morning rush-hour traffic

Options
  • 10-03-2013 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I'll be travelling down the N3 going to the EastPoint Business Park on a week day morning, need to be there by 9am.
    What's the traffic like at that time?
    Whats the best route to take?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi, I'll be travelling down the N3 going to the EastPoint Business Park on a week day morning, need to be there by 9am.
    What's the traffic like at that time?
    Whats the best route to take?

N3 is blanch yeah?

If so my work mate complains about it at a standstill from the centre onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Train from Dunboyne P+R ?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

its not quite a standstill but its heavy enough. By 8am, you should allow yourself 30 mins to get from Blanchardstown shopping centre to Phibsboro (I don't know what the n3 is like after that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Tune your radio to 103.2 Dublin City FM and take advice from them. I live in Blanch and drive to the south city centre for work. Depending on what I've heard before I leave work I might go down the Navan Road, Blackhorse Avenue or through the park. I sometimes even take the Ratoath road around the back of Finglas/Cabra if the N3 is particularly bad.

Getting down the quays there are also options as to where to enter them - Parkgate St, Queen St, Church St, Capel St or even skip them altogether and use the IFSC area. It really does depend on traffic...I could drive 5 different routes every week if it's bad in one area. I'd be lost without LiveDrive on Dublin City FM.

You should allow at least an hour, and if the forecast is bad the night before...an extra 20 mins plus.

Advertisement