Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming with Baby open pools in north county Dublin

Options
  • 09-03-2013 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm on paternity leave from work at the moment (im male) and return to work late april. My son is 8 months old and loves his bath time. I've contact aqua babies and water babies and all clases are booked out.

So I'd like to bring him to a pool just to open pool type thing for babies. Is there any pools around Rush Swords Balbriggan areas that do this. If they do would you know the time tables.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

It maybe a bit of a drive but the national aquatic centre is open from 10am every day which you could take him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Hi Nicky
    Thanks for that it mighten be too bad. M1 M50 in non rush hour wouldnt be too bad could work when he naps.

What would I need to bring towel change of clothes bottle food etc.
    What about boyency or those swimsuits to keep baby warm?
    Is the pool warm enough just for baby swimmer stuff. Do they sell what I need there.

I've been looking in to swimming and seem to live in same area and haven't had much luck. I think aura in drogheda is ok... Give them a call think they have special times for babies.

I haven't been swimming with our daughter yet, she's much younger just 6 weeks old - plan to start after her first set of jabs.

The water at the national aquatic centre is kept at 30degrees which I believe is fine for over three month olds.

The swim clubs like aqua babies etc recommend a neoprene vest to keep baby warm and a happy nappy to avoid any damages. However at 8 moths old I'm sure normal swim wear would be ok?? U can get these items on amazon, eBay etc and on line, I know the clubs have them but maybe call the pool as they may have a stock of them too.

From reading other people's post about s,swimming everyone suggest wearing easy fitting clothes for both of you. Afterwards you cold shower at home as he may be hungry after swimming. Make sure you take snacks / food / bottle or drink.

Also make sure you take baby's towel out to the poolside with you and maybe take a buggy in with you so he can sit in it when he is waiting for you to get dry (maybe keep him distracted with some treats)

Try to also avoid going when he usually has a sleep!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Dunnes have those baby swimming ring seats, penny's have little swimmer suits to keep them warm. You could try Alsaa or there's the old Jackie Skelly in Swords, I think it's energie now, they have a pool too.

O yes I think alsaa have special baby swimming times actually.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The NAC in Blanch is probably the pool where you can be guaranteed to have warm water. Changing rooms are spacicious and there is a restaurant there as well where you could feed afterwards.
    But, its a pricey place to go to compared to other pools.

Get one of the Little Swimmer suits as they will provide a bit of warmth.
    I would also try to put a towel close to where you are leaving the pool so that you can wrap the little one up in straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Nicky987 wrote: »
    I've been looking in to swimming and seem to live in same area and haven't had much luck. I think aura in drogheda is ok... Give them a call think they have special times for babies.

I haven't been swimming with our daughter yet, she's much younger just 6 weeks old - plan to start after her first set of jabs.

The water at the national aquatic centre is kept at 30degrees which I believe is fine for over three month olds.

The swim clubs like aqua babies etc recommend a neoprene vest to keep baby warm and a happy nappy to avoid any damages. However at 8 moths old I'm sure normal swim wear would be ok?? U can get these items on amazon, eBay etc and on line, I know the clubs have them but maybe call the pool as they may have a stock of them too.

From reading other people's post about s,swimming everyone suggest wearing easy fitting clothes for both of you. Afterwards you cold shower at home as he may be hungry after swimming. Make sure you take snacks / food / bottle or drink.

Also make sure you take baby's towel out to the poolside with you and maybe take a buggy in with you so he can sit in it when he is waiting for you to get dry (maybe keep him distracted with some treats)

Try to also avoid going when he usually has a sleep!

Hi
    Thanks for all the advice. What I meant was do the driving when he was asleep ;-)

I'm going to give energie a call over the weekend and see what the story is. Aura also looks like a good option although a little further.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

I'm fairly sure ALSAA do a baby swimming class in the main pool at the airport - my missus enquired recently. I think it's Wednesday mornings and the cost is €7 per session.

Advertisement