Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poop problem

Options
  • 09-03-2013 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

Our little lady is 3 and has been mostly been toilet trained for a year. She is even dry at night at this stage.

The problem is that she still won't poop without a nappy on. She will sit on the loo or potty to poop but only with a nappy on.

Yesterday saw the last of the nappies and I'm refusing to buy more. So far she is refusing to even entertain the idea of going on the loo. We've had a big countdown to the last of the nappies so it's not news to her what's expected!

I'm giving her lots of encouragement, and she's eating lots of fruit and drinking water and prune juice to avoid constipation.

I'm just wondering if anyone else can add any tips/advice/words of wisdom?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

I have the same problem with my 3 year old son. Will have to keep an eye on this thread foe advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Have you tried bribery??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

My SIL had the same problem with my nephew. Right up until he was 4 and nearly starting school. To make sure he would go she would have to put a nappy on him and he would go out in to the hall until he went. I cant remember now how she got him out of that. My other SIL had the same problem but refused to put nappy on. The child is now 5 and a half and suffers so bad with her bowels. Holds her poo's for days and would be in such bad form. She has tried bribbing her and being strict but the child now has to have movicol and something else to make her go.

Advertisement