Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dress for wedding abroad...guest

Options
  • 09-03-2013 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi all

I have a wedding in abroad in about 8 weeks time and looking for a dress to wear. With the temperatures likely to be warm I want something comfortable and lightweight.

I would love something like this style...
    http://www.catwalkqueen.tv/2011/09/galleries/celeb_gallery_e.php?pic=8

Basically a vintage/70's style maxi dress, v-neck, floaty, light material with sleeves somewhere between capped and elbow length...would rather not have skinny straps and Im really not comfortable with vest type sleeves. I'm open to colours (as long as its not wedding-dress looking...the bride is wearing ivory and the bridesmaids are wearing short champagne colour dresses).

Finding it difficult to find anything summery in the shops/on line.

Does anyone have any advice re: getting a dress made? Where to look for material...recommended dress designer/dress makers round Dublin?

All help appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Moved to Fashion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Ossie Clark does a line for Debanhams colours are a bit stronger but the lines remain the same, otherwise Bibi at House of Frasier has the same vibe or some of the Jaeger stuff again at House of Fraisier or at Arnotts.

Advertisement