Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movicol Paediatric for adult with Spina Bifida

Options
  • 09-03-2013 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

I am trying to convince my Dad that I want to try Movicol Paediatric to help my empty my bowels along with Peristeen Anal Irrigation System which I mentioned in another thread a while back.

I have been told that using Movicol Paediatric will help my bowels move slowly. However, my Dad remains unconvinced.

How do I win him over? I'm almost 40 and am sick of having to wear incontinence pads all the time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

It's not an area that I know much about, but why do you have to 'win him over'. What is his role in making this happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

RainyDay wrote: »
    It's not an area that I know much about, but why do you have to 'win him over'. What is his role in making this happen?

he thinks that if i used Movicol, that i will end up destroying my clothes by having a major bowel movement. I tend to now and again, purely because I get constipated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

So why not go ahead and try it out? Have you taken advice from your OT?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

RainyDay wrote: »
    So why not go ahead and try it out? Have you taken advice from your OT?

No

Advertisement