Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Morrowind & Oblivion not working right for me.

Options
  • 09-03-2013 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭

Both of these games are doing the same thing and it's driving me up the wall because now I can't play either of them without this issue. Here is what's happening;

I turned on Morrowind, fancied a bit of a grind never got to play it properly so I installed it, turned it on. When the main menu appeared, I noticed the game started to jump. The best description I can give is this: play>stop>play>stop>play>stop in very, very frequent intervals, like every 0.5 seconds it stops and starts.

I wouldn't call this a low frame rate, infact I think frame rate has nothing to do with this, this is something completely strange to me. Simply because my computer specs are beyond perfect for playing Morrowind and Oblivion.

Oblivion is doing the exact same thing for me, only it does it when I go past the main menu and into the game.

I've re-installed both games on separate occasions, uninstalled one, kept one installed, vice-versa. Deleted everything, reset everything on the games, and nothing works. My PC is as follows;

Windows 8
    3GB RAM
    Intel Core2 Duo @ 1.8Ghz
    NVidia GeForce 250 GTS.

So my specs aren't an issue, because when I had Windows 7 it worked perfectly so my question is, is it Windows 8 doing the damage?

I have Fallout New Vegas on PC but I haven't installed it since I got Windows 8, so I'm not sure if my PC is having an issue playing The Elder Scrolls 3 & 4, or if it's the fact it's something in Bethesda game files that is causing it. I really, really have no clue as to what is causing this. I'm stuck and I can't find a single solution, nor anyone with the same issue as me.

If I'm not making any sense,
    (and I apologize if I'm not, it's just confusing me because they both played perfect for me before and I spent hours on Oblivion)

then I guess I could try and record one or both of them doing it and upload it here if possible.

But if anyone knows any solution for me then enlighten me please. Thanks in advance.

Dave.

Advertisement