Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offaly to St. Stephen's Green

Options
  • 08-03-2013 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

I hope someone can help me I have to be in St Stephens Green at 9 o clock wednesday morning, and will be there for the day, I will be travelling from offaly. I am wondering what is the best way to get there. I can drive or take the train, but am wondering about parking if I drive, or park at one of the park and rides, but I am not really sure what is the best options. If someone can help me it would be grate. :-)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You could park at the Luas park and ride at Newlands Cross, but then you'd have to get the Luas to O'Connell St, and walk/talk a bus to Stephens Green

If you take a train the 145 from Heuston will drop you on Stephens Green

Plenty of car parks around Stephens Green, but they are approx. 3e an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,376 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Stheno wrote: »
    If you take a train the 145 from Heuston will drop you on Stephens Green

+1 If your business is on the north or west side of St. Stephens Green then get off the 145 in Kildare St., the stop is just above the Dept. Of Agriculture near the top of the street so it's a very short walk (25m) to the Shelbourne Hotel. The next stop is over on the east side of the green.

Heading back to Heuston, the stop on the green for the inbound 145 is midway between Kildare St. and Dawson St., behind the tourist buses. The next stop is close to the bottom of Dawson St.

Advertisement