Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying to go on JSA- How does affect Mothers pension

Options
  • 08-03-2013 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi.

I coming to the end of my JSB and will be moving back to my mothers house shortly. She is getting the old age pension, living alone allowance & fuel allowance. I plan to apply to for the JSA and have saving of 7000 euro. I am worried that if I move back in with her she will lose her benefits. Does the Inspector call out ?. This is the first time applying, so any advice appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Is your mams state pension contributory or non contributory?

The living alone allowance I reckon she would definitely loose.

You can have up to 20k in savings and still get the full Job Seekers allowance rate of €188.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

thanks Danjo... mams state pension is contributory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

All she will lose is the €7.70. maybe you could give her this money in some way? a bag of coal perhaps? if she is over 70 she will not lose her free electricity units free tv licence and telephone allowance. if shes under 70 she probably will lose it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

She is over 70 , no problem paying her rent while I am there... thanks for all your replies

Advertisement