Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon X & Y , Sylveon?

Options
  • 07-03-2013 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hey, i know everyone is sick and tired about the new Eevolution, but what type do you think it is? after watching this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iKlxVZVjc8,
    Im pretty sure it's a new type of pokemon, light? Fairy?
    What does anyone else think??? :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Specifically about 10 pages into the X & Y thread. Dragon, normal and poison were bandied about as well as the possibility that it's female-only (and the terrible implications if that's not the case)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I only ever played one Pokemon game and I didn't like it.. What am I missing?

Was Pokemon a Nintendo creation?? I don't think it was

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I only ever played one Pokemon game and I didn't like it.. What am I missing?

Was Pokemon a Nintendo creation?? I don't think it was

What are you missing? Hundreds of hours of fun, in my opinion. Pokémon games are great little, light hearted RPGs, but can also be pretty deep. Also, having a spot of OCD probably helps :P

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moved from Nintendo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

(meant to post in specific X&Y thread, sorry S: ..) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056848802&page=7

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I dunno, I have doubts about there being another type. Dark and Steel were brought in in 2 to counter the psychic type that was ridiculously overpowered in Gen 1, that issue isn't present now, so I don't see why they'd have to shake up the dynamic at this stage.

Not saying it definitely won't happen, I just don't think it's likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

I know the game mechanics, but still.... maybe a real counter to dragon? Ice works but it's not perfect.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well there's the dragon type itself, and quite a lot of pokemon can learn moves like Outrage, Dragon Pulse or Dragon Claw, and even more can learn the pretty powerful ice move Ice Beam. And then there's the secondary typing of most dragon types leaving them open to another weakness like the rock type. Not a perfect system, sure, but it's not like it's too hard to counter dragons.

Angron wrote: »
    Well there's the dragon type itself, and quite a lot of pokemon can learn moves like Outrage, Dragon Pulse or Dragon Claw, and even more can learn the pretty powerful ice move Ice Beam. And then there's the secondary typing of most dragon types leaving them open to another weakness like the rock type. Not a perfect system, sure, but it's not like it's too hard to counter dragons.
    As I learned in my Emerald play through when I ran 2 dragon pokemon, and all but 1 of my team were weak to ice >.<

• Advertisement
Advertisement