Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DFSA Pass on Irish Rail

Options
  • 07-03-2013 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭

I've heard that people can reserve seats on trains with their DFSA pass online, but can't figure out how to do this? I know there's a cost but there's no way of inputting that they have a pass?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

You just reserve a seat , a warning comes up when you go through the booking saying that you will be fined if you dont have the pass when travelling etc.
    I doubt that the confirmation reference number will allow you to print a ticket from the TVM's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

January wrote: »
    I've heard that people can reserve seats on trains with their DFSA pass online, but can't figure out how to do this? I know there's a cost but there's no way of inputting that they have a pass?
    You chose your train and whether single or return then down at the bottom of the page you look for the reservation only section. It costs €6 per reservation but you can reserve up to 6 seats for that €6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Great, but you still have to go to the booking office on arrival yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Yes, you can't get a ticket otherwise.

Yes as you have to have a valid ticket before boarding the train.

You will also have to cancel the adult ticket which is picked by default when you are setting the number of reserved seats you require otherwise you will be charged for this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Thanks guys.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Yes as you have to have a valid ticket before boarding the train.

You will also have to cancel the adult ticket which is picked by default when you are setting the number of reserved seats you require otherwise you will be charged for this.

You wont have to cancel anything if you havent bought it. You just unselect the adult ticket on the booking screen and the total reverts back to the reservation price.

The only time you dont need a ticket with the pass is on the Dart but its still better to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

foggy_lad wrote: »
    You chose your train and whether single or return then down at the bottom of the page you look for the reservation only section. It costs €6 per reservation but you can reserve up to 6 seats for that €6.
    I think you have that wrong. You can reserve up to six seats but the total price goes up in increments of €6 for each seat reserved. Six reserved seats is €36. I just tried it on the website.

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    I think you have that wrong. You can reserve up to six seats but the total price goes up in increments of €6 for each seat reserved. Six reserved seats is €36. I just tried it on the website.
    Indeed I have. I was thinking 6@€6 would mean 6 for €6 and I'm using a phone to post so didn't scroll across to see the total.

• Advertisement
Advertisement