Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Large Turning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,434 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Eeeek! I think I'd want to be wearing full body armour if anything came loose off that, not just a face mask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

The white paint suggests its a Canadian Oneway lathe. He even cut away his floorboards to make it fit !I saw a similar demo at one of the UK woodworking shows a few years ago - they are great crowd puller but the bowl is of no practical use ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

recipio wrote: »
    The white paint suggests its a Canadian Oneway lathe. He even cut away his floorboards to make it fit !I saw a similar demo at one of the UK woodworking shows a few years ago - they are great crowd puller but the bowl is of no practical use ?

I wonder what rpm that is going around?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

That looks like fun. I think the finished piece was a large wall hanging. The great thing about the Jet 3520B and the new Jet 4224B is that the tailstock can slide right down to the end of the bed and allow for similar turning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

"These pictures illustate me working on a 112" diameter California Redwood wall hanging. When the turning is completed, the piece remains mounted on the lathe for sanding, carving of details, as well as preliminary finishing. Following these steps, the piece is removed from the lathe and moved to the finishing room. In a virtually dust-free atmosphere the meticulous process of finishing takes place. The final process involves applying many coats of lacquer, which are sanded after each application."
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Barkby-Woods/120867745125?group_id=0

5086_120871300125_1293601_n.jpg

5086_120871305125_2135026_n.jpg

More of his Wall Art:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Barkby-Woods/120867745125?id=120867745125&sk=photos_stream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Don't think I'll try anything like that at home, just because the ceiling is too low, like.

Advertisement