Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to record live performances?

Options
  • 07-03-2013 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

We're playing in the Academy tomorrow night and we'll like to take an audio recording of the performance that we could combine with video footage of the night? I'm a complete n00b when it comes to this kind of thing so I was wondering what are the methods available to me to record the audio coming from the mixing desk?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

tape/rec out into laptop or hw recording device

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

I'm not sure what desk they have in there but a lot of the newer digital desks can record the output straight onto a USB key. Ask the engineer if he can do that for you. They don't always sound great though because the engineer puts proportionally less drums and guitars into the front of house sound due to their volume in the room. Great just to sync up with a Youtube video or something though. WooWave Sync is good cheap software for syncing the audio as well.

Advertisement