Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internship for three months and BTEA in September?

Options
  • 07-03-2013 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

If I was offered an internship type work experience, could I do this from say june until august while still keeping benefits and claim BTEA when I start college in Sept??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You have to get the schemes section in the Social welfare office to agree to it, but they have done it previously. As long as it is part of your course the seem to allow it.

Bring proof form the college and the acceptance letter from the employer to the schemes section and get them to agree before you accept the placement.

Some courses need work experience from Sept to Jan in 3rd year, but employers seem happier to have the person from June etc till Jan. But you cant do a job bridge internship (ie the extra €20 per week)

Advertisement