Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi console - RetroN 4 plays NES, SNES, Genesis and GBA carts

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Looks a little funky - system on a chip, most prob will suck a little no?

If you could put money on it on Paddy Power you'd be a rich man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

All depends on those game pads really.
    Edit : you can use your old ones

Good idea to have slots for all the cartridges though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

eddhorse wrote: »
    All depends on those game pads really.
    Edit : you can use your old ones

Good idea to have slots for all the cartridges though.

The pads are the least of your worries. Those console on a chips are usually quite poor quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Plus you could get the actual consoles for cheap enough and it's more nostalgic,I will
    Stick with my other options for now !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I like the fact it plays GBA games and has a hdmi port, looking forward to reviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Scaling 256x240 up to 1360x768 is going make for some damn big pixels !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

HDMI is so the wrong way to go for all the consoles this professes to be. If your gonna go this route, may as well just use emulators.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

PIXELS AS BIG AS CATS!

Those retron consoles always have a horrible design aswell.....nuke it from orbit, only way to be sure!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll wait for the Retron 9, it'll run DC, PS2, Xbox and GC games right out of the box ;)

Of course it could go pear shaped and the machine will run CDi and Jag CD games only....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Of course it could go pear shaped and the machine will run CDi and Jag CD games only....

In turn, become the only system that can consistently run those games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr.Saturn wrote: »

In turn, become the only system that can consistently run those games.

And that's why it'll be dragged into the street and burned, burned with fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    And that's why it'll be dragged into the street and burned, burned with fire!

And even in that molten, melted state, Retr0 will eventually buy it and profess it has redeeming features.

Well, molten and melted, sounds like the minds of the idiots who judged the Zelda games on the format worthy of release!

(OK, I 'fess up to trolling Retr0, he's showing remarkable restraint!)

Advertisement