Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus route 7/45a diversions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

They have been pulled again due to window smashing at Tesco.

http://dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/General-News/Central-Control-2/

Another outing for the incredibly convoluted diversion too.

Why not simply send the 7 and 45A direct along Church Road in both diections instead of this rambling around greater Cobbintealeaf......?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭etchyed

RTE stands for Raidió Telefís Éireann to my eyes, and I'm sure most others. As you seem content to use full words in the body of your post, I'm sure typing the letters o and u wouldn't have caused you too much pain. If you are set on using the abbreviation, perhaps "Rte" would cause marginally less confusion than "RTE".

• Registered Users Posts: 24,486 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Another outing for the incredibly convoluted diversion too.

Why not simply send the 7 and 45A direct along Church Road in both diections instead of this rambling around greater Cobbintealeaf......?

because they fear the same issue there? half the road is abandoned sites after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭The_Wrecker

because they fear the same issue there? half the road is abandoned sites after all.

Many rte7 incidents have happened at the junction with the carriageway and just after the lights.

It's a scent-marking thing.

The Axis of Evil is essentially Churchview Road,with Ballybrack S.C. (Tesco) at its centre.

The animal kingdom gives us much to go-on in assessing the behaviour of these individuals,who are very much creatures of habit,who get very nervous when forced out of their own scented patch. (Hint: Take note of the Tags)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

• Advertisement

Many rte7 incidents have happened at the junction with the carriageway and just after the lights.

They hide behind the wall of the pre school just after the first bus stop. Seen it before a couple of times. Good exit down Watson rd or over the sport field on the other side after.

Tesco end generally not as bad as much more open and less places to hide, apart from the underpass

They hide behind the wall of the pre school just after the first bus stop. Seen it before a couple of times. Good exit down Watson rd or over the sport field on the other side after.

Tesco end generally not as bad as much more open and less places to hide, apart from the underpass

Good hard info there....You know it,We know it...everybody knows it,all that remains is for some definitive action.

Mount a sting operation and lure the creepy ones out......then apply a tourniquet ....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

Withdraw the service after 1900 hours. Terminate the route at The Graduate.

If the community will not manage their feral children, let them cope with the consequences.

Stand firm when the local councillors come calling.

Institute a similar rule for other DB routes - three strikes and your service is cut for good.

C635

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭markpb

Conway635 wrote: »
    Withdraw the service after 1900 hours. Terminate the route at The Graduate.

If the community will not manage their feral children, let them cope with the consequences.

Stand firm when the local councillors come calling.

Institute a similar rule for other DB routes - three strikes and your service is cut for good.

C635

While I understand your frustration at attacks like this, I can't see how you think this is a solution. The "community" is made up of two kinds of people: their parents and everyone else. Their parents obviously dont care and I'm not sure what the others can do. Surely this is law enforcement issue?

markpb wrote: »
    While I understand your frustration at attacks like this, I can't see how you think this is a solution. The "community" is made up of two kinds of people: their parents and everyone else. Their parents obviously dont care and I'm not sure what the others can do. Surely this is law enforcement issue?

I'd venture that the "Community" is equally comprised of two kinds of people....those who have experienced such savagery themselves and those who have'nt.

It's surprising sometimes,just how personal exposure to this kind of Jinnetry can alter ones perceptions as to how it should be dealt with !!!

• Advertisement

markpb wrote: »

Indeed, if anyone in the community tries do deal with these retards you can be sure they'll be the ones in trouble with AGS not the scum themselves, even if they only try to collar them to save the guards the trouble of actually doing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,609 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

AlekSmart wrote: »
    I'd venture that the "Community" is equally comprised of two kinds of people....those who have experienced such savagery themselves and those who have'nt.

It's surprising sometimes,just how personal exposure to this kind of Jinnetry can alter ones perceptions as to how it should be dealt with !!!

As someone who has been mugged while going home from work, I would entirely agree.

Advertisement