Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-installing Windows

Options
  • 06-03-2013 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I've come across a strange error when re-installing windows on a friends laptop. I've done it countless times but this error is a first.

Basically I've come to the stage at the windows installer to select where to install the OS. I've deleted all partitions and have 1 disk, formatted and ready to go except when I try it gives me this error:

"Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing partition. See setup log files for more information"

I've used diskpart to clear the hdd and create a new partition but still doesn't work.

I'm booting up from a USB if that helps?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

It's only 1 HDD? Not some RAID array, no?

Try with the controller set to Compatible/IDE.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

No it wasn't, got it working today though. I just burned the .iso to a DVD and it worked. Very strange

Advertisement