Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After CIMA

Options
  • 06-03-2013 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi
    I finished my CIMA qualification around 5 years ago and have been working as a finance manager for an Irish engineering company in Eastern Europe with turnover of around $50m per annum.

While the job is still challenging and I like it, I was wondering what what would be my next step career-wise? What qualifications would compliment the CIMA qualification and make me more marketable to potential employers? Not sure of the benefits of a MBA however perhaps a corporate finance qualification / treasury or a financial accountancy qualification? Any specific ones?

At the stage I suppose I could move to head office and the above would assist me in my job or else I could become the FM of a larger entity with a larger turnover which probably wouldn't require additional education but a continuance of the same.

Just wondering if anyone has comments or has been in a similar situation. I'm in my mid thirties and intend to return to Ireland in the next five years.

Thanks,
    Eoghan

Advertisement