Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] What next...

Options
  • 06-03-2013 9:06pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So it looks like I have 4 days left on my 21 day trial account and I can afford to keep playing but I'm unsure as to if I could be doing things 'better' than I am right now.

I guess the ultimate goal is to make some ISK and from there make a little passive ISK. After my 17 days of playing I have about 800k skillpoints., have completed the tutorial missions as well as the Sisters of Eve arc.

Like a lot of new players I make ISK from mining. Sticking to hisec, I can easily make 900k ISK from 1 run in my Venture which takes about 20 minutes to fill with some semi-AFK mining. Lowsec get's me about 30% more but isn't worth it if I have to keep my eyes glued to the screen to warp out as soon as a a 'red' ship turns up in my overview.

I can run level 1 missions but in 1 hour I'd be lucky to make 500k ISK.

Things like PI, gas harvesting, ice mining are either complicated to set-up or will take 14+ days of training to have the skills to make them worthwhile.

The most I ever made in the shortest amount of time was last night when I was practicing my scanning and I found a level2 mission deadspace. When the mission runner had finished he left all the wrecks so I managed 2M ISK in under 10 minutes but finding these sites seems to be hit and miss.

Is there a 'better' was to make ISK at my level of newbieness?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

I remember back in the day I used to run radar sites for a good 40m a day for a few hours work when i lived in highsec. That requires very little training (astrometrics skills) and very little isk investment for a prober ship and ratting ship.

Theres nothing really else worth while at your level in highsec apart from lvl 4 missions and incursions. Both which require a bit more training and isk investment.

Best advice i could give you is to try out nullsec though, there are a lot of newbie corps out there in nullsec that will throw cheap ships and fits at you in an effort to drive up fleet numbers. It can be a lot of fun and you can make decent isk on the side belt ratting until you skill & isk up some more.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Thanks !

I have self-destructed my pod and now live in nullsec. lets see how this works out !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Ponster wrote: »
    Thanks !

I have self-destructed my pod and now live in nullsec. lets see how this works out !

whats your in-game name?

ponster ichinumi

I've just joined a 0.0 sec mining alliance so lets see how it works !

Join the "Irish" chat channel ingame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

A 0.0 mining alliance, really Ponster? Come to the Eve side and PVP. Not sure who that alliance is or where they are based.

PVP wise you could easily spin up a second alt for cheaper using the power of 2 or whatever it's called program. Join Red Vs Blue and experience some PVP from day one.

You know PvP was never my thing really. When I play minecraft I mine, not build huge fancy buildings. :)

I'd like to get good at everything really. I'll stick to the mining (mining wing of Darkspawn) until I get some ISk and can actually afford to lose something in PvP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

You know PvP was never my thing really. When I play minecraft I mine, not build huge fancy buildings. :)

I'd like to get good at everything really. I'll stick to the mining (mining wing of Darkspawn) until I get some ISk and can actually afford to lose something in PvP :)

If you are going to mine then do the research/building also.

until I get some ISk and can actually afford to lose something in PvP :)

You don't need to fly fancy faction cruisers to pvp effectively, just grab a cheap thrasher and t1 fit it. Dirt cheap and can be very dangerous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

just play what ever makes you happy but find a good group if you dont have a group in eve its ****ing awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

You don't need to fly fancy faction cruisers to pvp effectively, just grab a cheap thrasher and t1 fit it. Dirt cheap and can be very dangerous :)

the days of noob mercs comes to mind... 60 to 100 players in starter frigates just mauling different merc groups that hired us to fight them....

Alot thought it would be easy...and usually ended up hiding until the war dec ran out :D

Advertisement