Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studio equipment

Options
  • 06-03-2013 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi everyone. We are building a modest studio for an online radio station and would appreciate ideas for reasonably-priced equipment. Suggestions for on-air microphones, stands, CD Players, wav playback etc and recommendations for where to buy at lowest cost are appreciated.
    Alternatively, if you're selling these items (must be usable condition), drop me a private message. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Hi everyone. We are building a modest studio for an online radio station and would appreciate ideas for reasonably-priced equipment. Suggestions for on-air microphones, stands, CD Players, wav playback etc and recommendations for where to buy at lowest cost are appreciated.
    Alternatively, if you're selling these items (must be usable condition), drop me a private message. Thanks!

Hi Eoin :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I use Behringer C-1 mics when I prerecord stuff. Decent enough sound quality IMO, and very cheap.

€39 on Thomann - http://www.thomann.de/ie/behringer_c1_grossmembran_studiomikrofon.htm

Take a look at their Creative Bundles on that page, you can bundle in PopShields and mic stands (although they're all floor stands so probably not suited to a traditional studio setup).

One thing though, if you're buying a few mics, DO NOT BUNDLE IN THE XLR CABLES! You can save yourself money by going to the XLR cable product page itself, and ordering in bulk. It's only a modest saving, but on my last order from them I saved around €5 by bulk ordering the cables instead of bundling with equipment.

For a mixer, I use this: http://www.thomann.de/ie/yamaha_mg_124_cx.htm

I got that second hand off of Adverts though, so it may be a little expensive new. Maybe this: http://www.thomann.de/ie/yamaha_mg_124_c.htm
    Which (at a glance) is the same mixer just without FX.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Adverts.ie is full of recording equipment. Have a trawl there first

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

Hi, I'm a fellow internet radio station owner!

Use Adobe Audition for recording phone calls/editing songs, they were giving away v.3 for free on the Adobe website recently, not sure if its still there though...

I use a Behringer B-1 microphone (about 80 euros) good quality, hasn't faulted me yet. Thomann do a boom stand for it.

I use M-Audio monitors and a Behringer MON 800 to control all the headphones and speaker volumes (great piece of kit, especially when your mixer doesn't cut the volume of the speakers when the mic goes on).

I also use a Behringer XENYX X1024 USB. Its got USB (very handy for recording) and some cool effects too, if you need them.

For software, check out Radio DJ , takes forever to set up because of MYSQL but its great when you get it working.

Charlie Davy has a great selection of software also.

PM me for any queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 siezetheday

Thanks for the great tips! I've been checking out Thomann for mic & stand and bought some stuff (mixer and dual cd-players) from adverts.ie.

• Advertisement
Advertisement