Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Ferries bus service stop location query

Options
  • 06-03-2013 7:18pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have a query for anyone that has used the Dublin Bus service that is run on behalf of Irish Ferries, starts from Heuston, and picks up at Busarus.

Never used it before from Busarus to the port, where does it pick up from at Busarus?

We're coming in to town on another bus, so won't have time to go searching for the right location, and I don't want to take chances on being in the right place, if we're in the wrong place, and miss it, there's no second chance to the port.

Thanks

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Have a query for anyone that has used the Dublin Bus service that is run on behalf of Irish Ferries, starts from Heuston, and picks up at Busarus.

Never used it before from Busarus to the port, where does it pick up from at Busarus?

We're coming in to town on another bus, so won't have time to go searching for the right location, and I don't want to take chances on being in the right place, if we're in the wrong place, and miss it, there's no second chance to the port.

Thanks

Store Street I think

• Registered Users Posts: 78,335 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It tends to use the Airlink stop (gate 14?) at the main entrance to Busáras - check the departure board. It is rarely on time at the departure points, but I doubt the ferry leaves without it.

In desperation, there are usually taxis at the rank outside. :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Thanks folks, we're coming on on the early 103, which doesn't get to Beresford place till 0720, (ish) and the bus to the port is 0730 from Busarus, so I'm not expecting to have too much time to go looking for the right stop, I think it's 0715 off Heuston, and at that time of the morning, there should not be that much traffic on the quays. The ferry is not till 0840, so if the bus is a bit late, it won't be an issue as such, if it is, then it's Irish Ferries problem, as it's a charter bus, not a DB scheduled service. It certainly won't take 30 minutes to get from Busarus to the terminal, unless they decide to go a very scenic route!

Hopefully, the 103 will be a bit early, I can't see it taking 55 minutes from Ashbourne at that time of the morning, that's the same timing as the peak period buses later on that do have to contend with traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

Depending on space, buses often pick up from the side of Busaras just opposite the Luas platform. Keep your eye out for the bus, it displays "Dublin Ferryport 53B". The journey time is only about 15 minutes.

KD345 wrote: »
    Depending on space, buses often pick up from the side of Busaras just opposite the Luas platform. Keep your eye out for the bus, it displays "Dublin Ferryport 53B". The journey time is only about 15 minutes.

That's what I was wondering/worried about, on the run from the port to Busaras, it dropped outside the pedestrian entrance, but even Irish Ferries don't seem to know exactly where it picks up.

The one I'm on about is not the scheduled 53 service, it's the private charter by Irish Ferries, details here, I used it a few weeks ago in the opposite direction off the overnight from Holyhead, just been looking at other sites, and it would appear that it is displayed as the 53B, just not too easy to find it as such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

KD345 wrote: »

Yeah thats the only place I've seen it pick up, gate 16 it's described as.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭bikeman1

The bus will display 53B Irish Ferries. At Bus Aras it picks up opposite the bus aras luas stop on Store St as has been mentioned.

I viewed this leaving in January when I was in Bus Aras at that hour. Journey time of less than 15 mins.

If ya miss it, hop on a luas down to the point and catch a taxi from there.

Thanks to all for the help, seems it's pinned down as to where it goes from, which was the worry, and yes, if worst comes to worst, the Luas and a taxi, but hopefully it won't come to that now, being in the right place will certainly reduce the risk :D, though I'd fancy our chances of getting a taxi as being much better at Busaras than at the Point at that time of the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

Taxi is about €12 - €15 to the port and takes about 10mins from Busaras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Thanks to all for the help, seems it's pinned down as to where it goes from, which was the worry, and yes, if worst comes to worst, the Luas and a taxi, but hopefully it won't come to that now, being in the right place will certainly reduce the risk :D, though I'd fancy our chances of getting a taxi as being much better at Busaras than at the Point at that time of the morning.

Just re: The taxi, might be worth downloading the Hailo App if you have a smartphone. Shouldn't be waiting more than a few minutes for a taxi with that around the point

• Advertisement
Advertisement