Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not a lot of video, but lots of photos what can I do

Options
  • 06-03-2013 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I wanted to make a tribute video for my brother for his birthday party this weekend. It's to be a surprise for him because I know he has liked other ones I've made before using iMovie.

I'm not a professional or anything like it, iMovie is the only software I have used to do this kind of thing.

Problem is that I don't have a lot of video footage of him. I've asked family for clips but they haven't sent any. I do have lots of photos.

Could I do something with the photos instead?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭Sixtus

Hello,

I wanted to make a tribute video for my brother for his birthday party this weekend. It's to be a surprise for him because I know he has liked other ones I've made before using iMovie.

I'm not a professional or anything like it, iMovie is the only software I have used to do this kind of thing.

Problem is that I don't have a lot of video footage of him. I've asked family for clips but they haven't sent any. I do have lots of photos.

Could I do something with the photos instead?

Most editing software will import jpgs tiffs etc as a 30s-1m still. Add some slow zoom ins and outs, and some simple transitions (dissolves etc) and some music.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

Could try using animoto.com, some cool sequences there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

http://grail.cs.washington.edu/projects/parallax/

This is a cool effect, it could be done with a photo editor but I don't know if iMovie will let you use layers. You might have to learn how to use a few different pieces of software but it's no biggy. :pac:

Advertisement