Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couldn't collect JSA payment due to sickness

Options
  • 06-03-2013 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi,

I was ill for 3 days last week and couldn't get to the Post office to collect my weekly Job seekers allowance. I went to the Post office today and got my payment for this week alright, last week's one had been sent back though.

Just wondering, has anyone been in this situation before? is there any chance I can get last week's payment back? I've tried ringing the Social welfare office but no reply.

I know you're not entitled to anything for days you are sick, but I was only sick for 3 of the days..

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

If you send in a note looking for the payment to be re issued you should get half a weeks payment. It takes about 2 weeks for a payment to expire before it can be reissued. It will be returned with the next available payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Quartzy

Thanks Sue Ellen

Advertisement