Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA - Home Study - Required material?

Options
  • 06-03-2013 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

Hoping to sit ACCA P1 and P2 (Intl) this coming June and planning on going the home study route for both. Looking for advice on what material / texts I should acquire. There seems to be so much out there with BPP, Kaplan, Independent Colleges, Text Books, Revision Kits, Passcards, Course Notes etc. Can someone whittle it down and give me a list of the essentials please? You can include P3 as well so I don't have to ask the same question again in December or next year (fingers crossed).

Also, if I were to get my hands on 2011 or 2012 versions of the above material, would this be sufficient?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

At the very least you need either the Kaplan or BPP text book, slightly older editions should be okay but check on the ACCA website for any changes over the past few years.

The exam kit is nice because it sets out the past questions in terms of what area of the course they relate to, but if you are willing to do a bit more organisation they contain little that doesn't appear in the past papers and associated answers from the ACCA site.

Recent technical articles are important again free from the ACCA site.

Pass Cards, college notes etc. can be helpful in the last few days as you review the entire course but are really an add on and normally don't provide the kind of detail you need on a first run through. You can of course use your own notes as a substitute or the free Open Tuition notes also provide a more succinct overview.

Advertisement