Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have a clubacard? Access movies and tv for free!

Options
  • 06-03-2013 2:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 329 ✭✭

This is actually quite good, decent selection yet only in beta

http://www.clubcardtv.com

Works with ROI clubcard, Use BT11AA postcode

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Not open to ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,798 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Signed up... can't complain - The Shawshank Redemption and Ocean's Eleven are the two best I've seen on it.. the former being one of my favourite movies.

Free is free but until it's available on Apple TV / Smart TV, I'll never use it!
    Not open to ROI.
    Was able to register fine (popped in 'BT1 1AA' as postcode) and I'm browsing the selection..

.. does the limitation occur when you click play? Says I need Silvernight and balls if I'm installing that!

EDIT: Actually, just needed to upgrade Silverlight (horrible!). Works fine though so using 'BT1 1AA' as postcode is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

Signed up with Irish clubcard and used BT11AA as postcode, played Shawshank to test work fine, seems to be good quaility.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Not a great selection of movies, haven't heard of most of them, most look like low budget TV/straight to DVD stuff. Might be worth a look if you're not too fussy though, it is FREE (for now) after all :)

12308pe.jpg

egbt4l.jpg

b4zxxv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I think this is the old Blinkbox site which Tesco took over last year. The content is a bit sparse at the moment (there was a fair bit more on Blinkbox) but hopefully they will flesh it out in the coming months

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the idea of it is that the ads that they have during the film are based on your spending habits which they get from your clubcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Lots of Hagen Daz then.,. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Thanks for that. Also if you have bought a dvd from Tesco you can watch it online :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

the idea of it is that the ads that they have during the film are based on your spending habits which they get from your clubcard.

Clubcard TV director Scott Deutrom boasted on his blog that "we can target adverts based on what our customers bought yesterday" (a Tesco spokesperson later claimed this was just "a vision" at the moment). http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2013/jun/08/supermarkets-get-your-data

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Cheers for that OP, not much of a library yet,
    but hey Free shawshank and some cool Batman cartoons.
    Can't complain!!!!!

As for the Ad's Adblock on google chrome seems
    to be doing it's job for me :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement