Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need new "ball" for joystick

Options
  • 06-03-2013 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Hey folks. Someone stole the "ball" off one of the joysticks for my cab. Are these standard sizes or different from make to make? Where can I pick up a new one?

Comments

Gremlin solutions have them,
    Thats a leisure 2000 cab beside it!
    These cabs in public?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

"We're sorry...we are unable to fulfill your request at this time. Please upload pictures of your multiple cabs to fulfill our cab lust & try again"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Public use yeah. Thomas house bar and venue. 86 Thomas street, Dublin.

Ill have a look at those links. Thanks a million.

• Advertisement

bombidol wrote: »
    Ill have a look at those links. Thanks a million.

Sweet.Whats in them?

I think one is a 160 the other is a 1940

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Impressive ball removal skills unless that CP lifts up easy. Aren't they normally screwed tight from underneath?

The ball screws into the pole itself from the top. its weird.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a set of rock solid sticks I'm getting rid of soon, if you want I'll let you know when I'll be shifting them on Adverts, they are only openable from inside the CP, the are also in black.
    I'd be interested in a trade if you like, when the time comes.
    6lyvY5d.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

I can send you out a spare

• Registered Users Posts: 34,555 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The ball screws into the pole itself from the top. its weird.

The ball always screws into the shaft like that.

What Andrew76 meant is that they're screwed on so tight that you need to lift the control panel and access the bottom of the shaft to unscrew them.

Sounds like the ball was far too loose.

When you get the replacement, lift the control panel, clamp the bottom of the shaft with something and twist the ball top on so tight that nobody could ever unscrew it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

That balls been loose for a long time, fell off when I was last playing it during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,555 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That balls been loose for a long time, fell off when I was last playing it during the summer.

WE'VE FOUND THE THIEF!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I actually tightened it as best I could with no access to inside the panel, only had one game on it because the LCD screen is missing loads of the picture, and em its got an LCD:o

I can send you out a spare

Just seeing this now man, much appreciated! gimme a bell on [email]*snip*[/email] and we can sort it out.

**Might be better to send a PM instead of posting your personal email address
    LoGiE

Just seeing this now man, much appreciated! gimme a bell on [email]*snip*[/email] and we can sort it out.

**Might be better to send a PM instead of posting your personal email address
    LoGiE

what?
    in case someone rings him?
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

urbanledge wrote: »
    what?
    in case someone rings him?
    :eek:

Generally not a good idea to publicly post your email address, can be a target of spammers etc

Advertisement