Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diving tenerife

Options
  • 06-03-2013 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend a diving company in tenerife?.
    Thinking of going on hols there and would like to take in a few dives also.

any recommendations appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

If you know Breffni or Cillian in ScubaDiveWest, give them a ring. Their parents live in Tenerife, and would certainly know the best dive centres in Southern Tenerife.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ciglee

Hi Jobless, not aware of any dive companies in Tenerife, but I'm recently back from a diving holiday in Lanzarote, and can really recommend it - we dove with Mick in aquasport, completed our Advanced Open Water PADI, and did an extra 8 dives on top of that. Aquasport is located on the main strip in Puerto del Carmen, and Mick is really super. Also, Lanzarote is a protected UNESCO Biosphere reserve, so lots of wildlife to be seen :D let me know if you want any more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

ciglee wrote: »
    Hi Jobless, not aware of any dive companies in Tenerife, but I'm recently back from a diving holiday in Lanzarote, and can really recommend it - we dove with Mick in aquasport, completed our Advanced Open Water PADI, and did an extra 8 dives on top of that. Aquasport is located on the main strip in Puerto del Carmen, and Mick is really super. Also, Lanzarote is a protected UNESCO Biosphere reserve, so lots of wildlife to be seen :D let me know if you want any more info.

What was the water temp? What thickness wetsuit did you use?

I am thinking of going there in April, and am trying to figure out what to bring.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

What part of the island are you staying on? We dove with Atlantic Divers two years in a row, its a father-daughter outfit, both are from the UK and are extremely safety conscious. They are PADI and BSAC, we are CMAS. Their boat is in Las Galletas, with the 'friendly' turtle there, although she thought my arm was food :eek:

There is another place as well not too far away from them, they usually get a bigger amount of people as they are a little cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ciglee

Pkiernan wrote: »
    What was the water temp? What thickness wetsuit did you use?

I am thinking of going there in April, and am trying to figure out what to bring.

Thanks.

Hi Pkiernan,

the water temp in February was 18C. We wore long 5mm wetsuits with hood, 3mm gloves, and bootees - all except the gloves were supplied by the dive shope -we used our own gloves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

thanks for the info guys.... lanzarote sounds like it might be a good option....

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rangi

If you're going to Lanzarote, I highly recommend Safari Divers. Centre is on the beach, simply kit up, walk 15yds and you're in the water.Give Wendy an email, and she'll get you sorted, even with good accomodation 4 mins walk from centre.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

jobless wrote: »
    thanks for the info guys.... lanzarote sounds like it might be a good option....
    +1 on Mick at Aquasport. Really friendly guys there and small groups.
    Safari is good too but the groups are much larger so you won't get the personal touch (which I prefer).

I was there is Nov. Water was 20 degrees and I had a 3mm suit but tbh it was a little chilly sometimes especially on the night dive so next time I think I will bring the 5mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

just back from lanzarote, went with Aquasports in the end, thanks for the suggestion.....Mick is a top bloke and it was a pleasure diving with him.... Would highly recomment aquasports to anyone!

Advertisement