Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA and previous qualifications

Options
  • 06-03-2013 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have a MSc from a number of years back that I never worked with. I was recently made redundant so may qualify for BTEA, I would like to do a HDip now, would the fact that I have a previous Masters stand against me?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hi All,

I have a MSc from a number of years back that I never worked with. I was recently made redundant so may qualify for BTEA, I would like to do a HDip now, would the fact that I have a previous Masters stand against me?

Thanks

Unfortunately it probably will count against you. BTEA is only available up to H.Dip or PGCE level and not to people who already hold qualifications at that level or higher.

You can check on http://www.welfare.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Thanks for the Info,
    My MSC was part time & self funded back in 2004. Would I be entitled to any grant I wonder? I am now unemployed with not much chance of finding another Job so want to do a HDip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Thanks for the Info,
    My MSC was part time & self funded back in 2004. Would I be entitled to any grant I wonder? I am now unemployed with not much chance of finding another Job so want to do a HDip

Unlikely to be honest. Funding is usually based on progression and a H.Dip is at a lower level that your masters. Also the fact that you paid for the masters yourself isn't taken into account. They look at the level of qualification you hold, not how it was funded.

Advertisement