Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Repair advice

Options
  • 05-03-2013 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi all,

First the background.
    My daughter has a 2000 Renault Clio 1.2 petrol and she was having some battery trouble with it so I took the battery away and charged it up. When I was re-fitting it (in the dark I might add) I put it back in the wrong way round and connected the leads to the wrong terminals and short circuited it. The garage have looked at it and they say it needs a new ECU which will cost about €1000 incl fitting. Even though the car only has 46000 miles on it, it is not worth spending that kind of money on it.

Now the question.
    I did a search and found this UK site (cartechelectronics.com) and they say they can provide a reconditioned ECU, which if I send them the old one they will re-program it to match the codes so that it will be plug'n play. I have no experience of this kind of thing so I was wondering if any members know of this site and whether something like this would work. Price is £263.99 which is a lot better than €1000.

Many thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Advertisement