Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelchair Ramps?

Options
  • 05-03-2013 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

TLDR? Key points in blue

I am part of a team of postgraduate students in UCD, we have taken up the task of developing a wheelchair ramp that better served the needs of wheelchair users. The aim is to develop this on to a stage where it is available commercially.

We have researched the building regulations, recommended best practice in fixed ramp design by the Irish Wheelchair Association & The Centre For Excellence in Universal Design. What we really need to do is get in touch with as many wheelchair users as possible to understand the biggest problems facing wheelchair users regarding ramps. Without fully understanding the problems, it is impossible for us to come up with relevant solutions.

If anybody would like to share with us what they see as the biggest problems with wheelchair ramps currently available, please post here or contact me by PM. We can communicate whatever way is convenient to you.

Thanks,
    Dave.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I'm a but confused. Are you trying to come up with a design for a portable ramp?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭random.stranger

Hi RainyDay thanks for your interest, we haven't decided between fixed and mobile ramps yet. We thought it would be better to let wheelchair users decide which ramp type they were least satisfied with & focus our efforts there.

We would like to get input from as many wheelchair users as possible to get as complete an understanding as possible of the biggest problems wheelchair users are facing regarding ramps.

Advertisement