Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 ds9 on syfy

Options
  • 05-03-2013 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

Just watching ep 2 of season 1.

Odo morphs into a duffel bag to sneak onto the cardi ship.

As soon as he's left alone he transforms into constable mode.

This begs the question, can he see and hear when he is a duffel bag??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I assume, yes. When they were doing a drill about catching a Changeling, Odo ambushed O'Brien while mimicking a computer, he played hide and seek with Lwaxana, caught Quark doing things as various shapes. That other changeling imitated fire and fog, and stopped when Odo told him to.

I assume in his body form, his eyes and ears are purely decorative and don't do anything. So can he see from every angle? Is it useless for him to turn around to see something? Is there any point in him moving his ears to hear better? I never thought about this, I'll be watching his movements a lot closer now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

That's an interesting question, later on in the series he brings up being scanned and how if he's in a form the scan will show him as that form but he never said about being able to sense or connect with the environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Just watching the few episodes so far.... god a lot of it is awful.

Not as awful as season 1 of TnG but still pretty woeful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The Ugly Duckling of the 24th century

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

All I remember of season 1 DS9 was that it was incredibly boring, like nothing to see here, move along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

See it through and you'll enjoy it...Rao Vantika will haunt you for years.

Yeah it's bad, very bad. But as pointed out its not as pad as TNG pound for pound. Both shows matured to brilliance.

As an aside I'm rewatching Stargate SG-1 at the mo, & boy is it hard watching for the first two seasons too. But christ, it becomes an incredible show later on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

s1 ep 6 is on now

the episode where obrien suddenly decided to call strangers friend every second sentence, and then never did it again

--edit

alright, its been 3 minutes now and he hasn't called tosk friend once
    maybe I jumped the gun

EnterNow wrote: »
    Yeah it's bad, very bad. But as pointed out its not as pad as TNG pound for pound. Both shows matured to brilliance.

As an aside I'm rewatching Stargate SG-1 at the mo, & boy is it hard watching for the first two seasons too. But christ, it becomes an incredible show later on

The one that stands out as awful is the yellow planet with the blue plants!!

I think the early series of sci fi shows tend to be awful as the actors and writers work out their characters, and so on.

Season 1 of voyager is terrible... season 1 of Enterprise doomed the entire series.

• Advertisement

The one that stands out as awful is the yellow planet with the blue plants!!

Isn't that the one where Jacks little son is recreated by an alien from that planet. I actually found that episode emotion heavy {prob coz I've a little boy myself} & a decent one.

EnterNow wrote: »

Isn't that the one where Jacks little son is recreated by an alien from that planet. I actually found that episode emotion heavy {prob coz I've a little boy myself} & a decent one.

I have to say it's very far and few between for pulp sci fi tv, evokes any kind of emotional reaction in me.

Apart from the odd snort of laughter at how ridiculous an actor is or how woeful a plot is.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

I always saw season 1 (for TNG and Ds9 at least) as a necessary pain, there was a few Ok episodes and some seeds get planted here and there for story and character development, a lot of fast forward moments, but still kinda watchable...

BUT there is no excuse for this

johnmryan wrote: »
    I always saw season 1 (for TNG and Ds9 at least) as a necessary pain, there was a few Ok episodes and some seeds get planted here and there for story and character development, a lot of fast forward moments, but still kinda watchable...

I think that one is on tonight!!!

johnmryan wrote: »

Trivia for you, Dax was supposed to appear on the TNG episode Birthright when the Enterprise visited DS9, but the actor was too busy filming that gem above.

Bashir appeared instead. I wish they did more TNG/DS9 crossovers.

IvySlayer wrote: »

Trivia for you, Dax was supposed to appear on the TNG episode Birthright when the Enterprise visited DS9, but the actor was too busy filming that gem above.

Bashir appeared instead. I wish they did more TNG/DS9 crossovers.

The enterprise in the gamma quadrant seems like a missed opportunity.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The Tosc ep was on the other night, fantastic!

Does anyone know if the actor played Tosc was anyone else, he seemed very familiar

The Tosc ep was on the other night, fantastic!

Does anyone know if the actor played Tosc was anyone else, he seemed very familiar

He was a Romulan in that episode was Troi was surgically altered to appear Romulan

N%27Vek.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

So happy to see DS9 back on TV - it is my favourite of the Star Treks.

I don't think we have inflicted enough of them on the kids yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

In terms of Star Trek, season 1 DS9 is absolute dross and season 2 is barely a notch above it. 2 worst seasons in all star trek IMO.

• Advertisement

In terms of Star Trek, season 1 DS9 is absolute dross and season 2 is barely a notch above it. 2 worst seasons in all star trek IMO.

Ah here, plenty of S1 DS9 is watchable.

Season 1-3 of TnG are bad television, not just bad ST

Season 1-5 of voyager not much better.

Br the first episode there's not really a watchable episode of voyager in series 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Daith

In terms of Star Trek overall? Season 1 has the best pilot in Emissary. Duet and In the Hands of the Prophets are fine too. As is Captive Pursuits.

However Season 2 of DS9 is fantastic. It's better than Season 3.
    The Circle Arc at the start. Necessary Evil, Whispers, Blood Oath, The Maquis, The Wire, Crossover, The Jem'Hadar.

Necessary Evil maybe one of the best DS9 episodes ever imo. Actually one of the best episodes of Star Trek ever.

Advertisement