Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer of JB to the UK

Options
  • 05-03-2013 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

HEY

I will be transfering my JB around April to UK.
    i know this has been asked a thousand times but i cant seem to find info on anybody who has experienced this.
    my question is .,. when you arrive in the uk how long of a wait can i expect before my money is paid into irish account. ??
    Surley sombody has an idea on this??
    I have address and NI num etc .

Also another question which is kind of a grey area is ... just before i want to leave to go to UK i have a 3 week Fas course I HAVE to do . Its pretty much the only reason i havent gone yet.
    My question is will that be included in the 4 weeks prior to my departure. Surley they wudnt expect me to wait another 4 weeks on completion of the 3 weeks in FAS??????

Any help?????:):pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

How long it takes will depend on how long it takes the DWP to send the confirmation that you have signed on there to DSP here. It is usually about 2 weeks.
    After your FAS course you will need to sign back on. I would make sure that they don't close the claim but only suspend it temp fas course otherwise you will have to wait for a decision again which could delay things. I wold call in to your local office in person in advance of going on the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭kelledy

well considering im using my prsi contributions i think theres little decsion they need to make.... im entitled to it and thats that as far as im conserned. . yea i thought as much with the FAS course but surley these things are run side by side considering one funds the other.

also could you tell me .... i know i have to sign back on after the fas course but my question is will i have to wait the 4 weeks after the fas course finishes even tho i was in recepit of payment 8weeks r so beforehand??
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

No you won't have to wait.

Yes i popped in and asked today myself ..
    All seems a fairly straight forward procedure
    Thanks for your help:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement