Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

InterAction database positions

Options
  • 05-03-2013 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

I've been searching the interweb for any jobs for InterAction Database Administrators (Not a developer role!!). I'm doing so to try and assist a friend of mine who works in this area and their current contract is coming to an end. However, all my searching has proved unsuccessful. She lives in Oz but is returning to Ireland at the end of the year.

Can anyone help with this search? I would really like to help my friend out as she has numerous years experience and would like to remain in this area of work. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,708 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Moved from Work and Jobs ... I've never heard of this database, hopefully one of you can point the OP in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

kkelly77 wrote: »
    I've been searching the interweb for any jobs for InterAction Database Administrators (Not a developer role!!). I'm doing so to try and assist a friend of mine who works in this area and their current contract is coming to an end. However, all my searching has proved unsuccessful. She lives in Oz but is returning to Ireland at the end of the year.

Can anyone help with this search? I would really like to help my friend out as she has numerous years experience and would like to remain in this area of work. Thanks.

I think you have your names/terms wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

ChRoMe wrote: »
    I think you have your names/terms wrong.

Can you explain a bit more ChRoMe and I can update?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

He means, he doesn't think there is a database called InterAction - that maybe the message was mixed up and Interaction is something else!?

It might be, for example, that interAction the is the name of some software that uses a database. People in an organisation might refer to the InterAction database but they mean the data for the interaction application and the database itself could be anything... MS SQL, Oracle, anything.

I never heard of InterAction myself and if google throws up nothing then I would think ChRoMe is correct and there are some crossed wires in the messages with your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

croo wrote: »
    He means, he doesn't think there is a database called InterAction - that maybe the message was mixed up and Interaction is something else!?

It might be, for example, that interAction the is the name of some software that uses a database. People in an organisation might refer to the InterAction database but they mean the data for the interaction application and the database itself could be anything... MS SQL, Oracle, anything.

I never heard of InterAction myself and if google throws up nothing then I would think ChRoMe is correct and there are some crossed wires in the messages with your friend.

I believe you are correct Croo. Looking at THIS website, it looks like CRM software that must pull data from various database applications.

• Advertisement
Advertisement