Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Med 1 From

Options
  • 05-03-2013 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm thinking of getting eye laser surgery and am curious about the 20% tax relief. I am a student working part time so the most tax I reckon I will pay this year will be about €200. Does this mean I am not eligible to claim the full 20% of the surgery cost back? Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭relax carry on

rj087 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting eye laser surgery and am curious about the 20% tax relief. I am a student working part time so the most tax I reckon I will pay this year will be about €200. Does this mean I am not eligible to claim the full 20% of the surgery cost back? Thanks

It's a tax relief, so in order to claim the tax relief you need to pay tax in the year the expense occurs. If 20% of the cost is €600 but you have only paid €200 tax, then that's all the refund you can receive.

Advertisement