Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone tried scannography properly?

Options
  • 05-03-2013 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Just wondering has anyone tried using a scanner to create proper portraits of people? Rather than those god awful self portraits everyone tries... I tried it out in my final year of college a while back and had decent results but i'd really like to see if other people have tried things like this out!

tumblr_m4180dSopd1rvd16jo1_500.jpgtumblr_m4180dSopd1rvd16jo3_500.jpgtumblr_m4180dSopd1rvd16jo6_500.jpg

(The artsy fartsy idea for the project went like this:

"Trapped-

The concept of the series is to project the internal self or part of it to the external viewer revealing something that the external world may never get to see. The body language, and colour in the imagery reflects the subject’s inner-self allowing the image to act as a window into the subject and the aesthetic of the subject being pressed against glass acts as the invisible barrier between them and us.")

Advertisement